Friday, October 9, 2009

Translating "The cathedral and the bazaar"

Hi,

Thanks to the software engineering course, I now have my blog!

I decided to use my first post to announce something useful. I volunteered lately to take the responsibility of translating the article "The cathedral and the bazaar" to the Arabic language. I opened a page for it on the wiki.

My plan is to use Google translate to produce a draft translation for the page and later, contributors edit and rephrase the draft to come up with the final translation..

I am hoping to get any feedback on the idea and to hear from those ready to help with even as little as a single sentence.

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea Abdullah. I didn't think of doing it this way. My brain is working with a different generation :) I will contribute as well insha allah.
    Looking forward to read the blog of all my enthusiastic SE students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! We can also use Abdurrahman's bachelor project to have the document with tashkeel! :)

    ReplyDelete